How Effective is Hydro-Jetting?December 11, 2019
Water heaters can be tricky business and pricey. Most people do not have a clue when their water heater is about to fail or is failing. Then that BIG payment hits them in the wallet. You can prevent that and start saving some extra cash by knowing when your water heater is failing. Here are some ways to know if your water heater is about to or is failing:
- Is your water heater old? It is pretty important to understand the age of your water heater. The age can be found through the serial number on the manufacturer’s sticker. Usually, if it is older than 10 years old, it is a good idea to get a new water heater. However, if your water heater is located in a safe area where it will not be damaged if it leaks, you can use it until leakage. But, like, YOU REALLY SHOULD NOT!
- Water that is rusty. If there is rusty water coming from the hot side piping of your home, it is not a good sign. That is an indication that the inside of the water heater is rusting and there is a good chance that it will leak.
- Weird noises. Is there a weird rumbling noise coming from the water heater? That is not normal unless it is a dog, which I am sure your water heater is not a dog. This means that the bottom of the tank has build up. So every time the water heater is heating up it is going to make that weird noise.
- How much-hardened sediment?. If it is less efficiency, your water heater will have to use a lot more gas and electricity to heat the water. However, if it has more damage, the longer time spent to heat the water is going to affect the metal tank in a negative way. It can crack and make small holes in the tank. Pretty sure that is not good.
- Leaks, leaks, and more leaks. If there is water around your water heater, that is definitely not a good sign. It means time for a replacement.
Knowing when to replace a water heater is crucial, especially if you need to save some cash to get a new one. Water heaters are quite expensive, ranging between $500 to $2,800. Yikes, it hurts me just to write those prices. Therefore, it is a safe idea to hire a professional to do the dirty job for you.
Professionals like No Worries Rooter are individuals who are more than qualified to install a new water heater for you. They will install and make sure everything is safely in place for you to get hot water again. Woohoo. It is also a lot safer for them to do it than you. They are replacing water heaters on a daily basis, meaning they know how to handle the difficult situations that can arise. However, you may get injured and that is not cool. Whether it is an electric water heater or a gas water heater, they are both dangerous. Especially with the gas water heater, if installed incorrectly gas leaks can happen and if not fixed, it can really damage the house and people living in it.
Yeah, it sounds like a good idea to stay away from fixing the water heater yourself. Just hire a professional like No Worries Rooter. But if you really want to help them out, you can just keep your eye out for hints of failure in your water heater, know for how long it has been happening, and give details to your plumber. Then they can efficiently help you out and WOOHOO hot water again!