Water Softening vs. Water Filtration
Water Softeners remove hardness minerals specifically, whereas water filters are designed to remove a broader range of contaminants. However they can be combined into a water conditioning system. If you’re looking to filter your home’s water, a whole house filter may be the right choice for you. It connects to the main water line entering your house so that all of the water dispensers in your house – faucets, toilets, showers, baths, kitchen, laundry – dispense treated water. Typically the whole house water filter is connected to the main water line before it splits off into a “house” water line and a “yard” water line in the house’s foundation slab or at the street level before the house. Want to learn more? Give us a call at 480-788-2564 for more information.
Benefits of Installing a Water Softening System
A well installed, high quality water softener system will prevent build up on your water pipes and plumbing. This build up can have a variety of negative effects including limiting the efficiency of water heaters, and extending the life span of household appliances. Other benefits include:
- Cleaner and shinier silverware, glassware, mirrors, tiles, cars, or any plumbing fixtures.
- Softer skin and clean, smooth hair.
- Reduced soap curd makes cleaning easier and reduces housework.
- Uses less soap and shampoo because of the rich lather softened water and soap produces.
- Softer clothes without hard minerals trapped in the fabric. Fabrics last longer and whites stay whiter without the dingy gray caused by hard water.
- Preserves the life of all water appliances such as coffee machines, ice makers, dishwashers, water heaters and laundry equipment.
- Save money on monthly energy costs and damages to appliances.
Salt-Free vs. Traditional Salt-Based Water Softeners
There are two types of water softeners, a salt based water softener and a salt-free water softener. Salt based water softeners will give you more of the “slick” feeling in the shower and you will notice the soap creating more bubbles. Other benefits you will see include brighter colors in your clothes, reduced scale build-up on your showers and softer skin.
Salt-free systems will also reduce scale buildup and provide brighter clothes and softer skin using a healthier method. The main benefit with salt-free systems is the ability to soften water without having to add sodium to the water. This is a more heart healthy and environmentally friendly system. Traditional salt-based systems add salt to the water which can have a negative effect on people with high-blood pressure and heart disease. Some cities are starting to ban salt-based softeners due to the high sodium content in the waste water. Salt-free systems are maintenance free and use no waste water, no electricity and no salt or chemicals. In comparison to salt-based systems, salt-free systems are extremely low maintenance because the media can last up to five years without replacing. Salt-based systems require the salt to be replenished on a monthly basis.
Salt-based systems are heavy duty systems that do an excellent job removing hardness. They come with several maintenance and health concerns so it is mostly recommended to homeowners with extreme hardness levels. Salt-less systems are 100% salt-free and provide safe water families with infants, children and the elderly. Enjoy a peace of mind with salt-free softened water without the hassles of sodium, chemicals, wastewater and higher electricity bills.
Whether you have a plumbing problem that needs to be addressed immediately or need the services of a professional Gilbert plumber you can count on? Contact No Worries Rooter today at 480-788-2564!
We offer all of our customers:
- Personalized Service
- Flat Rate, Up-Front Pricing
- Same Day Services
- 24/7 Emergency Services
- Fully Trained, Background-Checked Service experts
- Are a family owned and operated company.
- Are licensed, bonded and insured with the Arizona ROC #301621
- Have received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Are constantly looking to find new, innovative solutions that help our customers.
- Are always striving to be known as Arizona’s most trusted plumbing company.
- Maintain an informative blog to keep you up to date on everything to do with your plumbing system.
A sample of our Phoenix and Gilbert plumbing services include:
Find out more about our Phoenix and Gilbert plumbing services