It Began With A Plumbing Leak
Walking in on water flooding your floor or dripping from your kitchen ceiling is a sight no one wants to see. Unfortunately, it’s a scene that’s played out far too often for many homeowners. If you do find yourself in such a situation, there are some steps that should be taken immediately to avoid as much water damage as possible:
- Locate and turn off the main shut-off valve, this will stop any additional water from coming into your home. The valve is usually located near the water meter or near an exterior access point.
- Call your local plumber at 480-788-2564. Not only will we be able to fix the plumbing problem itself, but we have the expertise when it comes to working directly with the insurance adjuster as well.
- Contact your insurance company or agent.
Common Areas for Water Leaks
Neglecting to repair a water leak can lead to larger repairs that will result in damage and more costs for you. Below are some of the more common areas where water leaks can occur.
Toilets: Failing to repair a leak in your toilet can lead to floor damage. This is especially troublesome if the leak is on the second floor of a home or building.
Hose bibs: When neglected, leaking hose bibs waste water and contribute to higher water bills.
Shower valves: Leaky shower valves can result in wall damage.
Signs and Symptoms of a Gilbert Slab Leak
If you hear the sound of running water without any explanation, especially in areas of your home where there are no plumbed appliances, it may be a sign that a slab leak lurks beneath your feet. You should also keep an eye on your water bills. Even what some may consider a “minor” slab leak will result in a considerable amount of wasted water. Spiking water bills with no discernible cause are another indicator that you may need slab leak repair services. Finally, damp spots on carpeting or even warm spots in your flooring can indicate the presence of a slab leak. Whatever suspicions you have, do not ignore them. Left unchecked, slab leaks can result in water damage, wasted water and repairs.
Signs and Symptoms of a Gilbert Water Heater Leak
For most people, the first sign of an issue with your water heater is a leak. Now this may be something as small as a puddle forming near the base of the water heater or something more visible like water spraying out of a valve or a crack in the tank. A leaking water heater may seem like nothing more than an inconvenience to some, but it can actually be quite damaging. In fact, any resulting water damage can ring to the tune of around ten thousand dollars if not more! So it’s definitely something to pay attention to. This is why water heater leaks are no joke and should be taken seriously.
Water Damage from Burst Pipes and Leaks
- If you have cracks in walls or floors or a tilting chimney, you may be aware that these are signs of a problem foundation. But many people don’t realize that difficulty opening and closing doors and windows can also be early signs that your home is shifting. And whether you have a new home or an old one, foundation problems often require major repairs. Foundation problems can be caused by the type of soil the house is built on, an improperly laid foundation or drainage problems. Whatever the cause, a bad foundation is bad news and, depending on the severity of the problem, can cost quite a bit.
- Water damage caused by your home’s plumbing system is not only unhealthy but expensive too. Be it a burst pipe or leaky hot water heater and/or other appliance, the end result is the same. And it can cause a lot of damage, even though you may not notice it right away. After something like this it’s important to dry out your home. If you don’t, mold can thrive.
- If your home has experienced some type of burst pipe/leak, major or minor, this isn’t something you can ignore. Beyond the possibility of mold, long-term water damage can cause rot, which can lead to all kinds of expensive repairs to the structure of your home. It’s difficult to estimate the cost of this type of burst pipe repair, but it can easily run into the thousands depending on how much wood needs to be replaced and how intrusive the repairs are.
To learn more about our Gilbert water damage, leak detection and repair, and restoration services, call the experts at No Worries Rooter today at 480-788-2564.
We offer all of our customers:
- Personalized Service
- Flat Rate, Up-Front Pricing
- Same Day Services
- 24/7 Emergency Services
- Fully Trained, Background-Checked Service experts
- Are a family owned and operated company.
- Are licensed, bonded and insured with the Arizona ROC #301621
- Have received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Are constantly looking to find new, innovative solutions that help our customers.
- Are always striving to be known as Arizona’s most trusted plumbing company.
- Maintain an informative blog to keep you up to date on everything to do with your plumbing system.
A sample of our Phoenix and Gilbert plumbing services include: