Leak and burst pipe repair is crucial
In the Phoenix area, as the average American Household wastes more than a trillion gallons of water each year. That’s more than 11 million homes use! As of today, a single home can leak around 10,000 gallons of water annually, that’s about 270 loads of laundry or the size of a swimming pool! This can be from a single fixture alone, like a toilet. If you, like most people, have more than one toilet in the home imagine the total waste in a year. On the other hand, picture how much a family can gain by utilizing leak and burst pipe repair and detection products and services, around 10-20% on their water bill according to the EPA. Depending on where you live, your home and household, a WaterSense labeled fixture will easily pay for itself over a short period of time.
Leaks Can Run, But They Can’t Hide
Want to know if your Gilbert or phoenix home has a leak?
- Take a look at your water usage during a colder month, such as January or February. If a family of four exceeds 12,000 gallons per month, there might be a serious leak.
- Check your water meter before and after a two-hour period when no water is being used. If the meter changes at all, you probably have a leak.
- Identify toilet leaks by placing a drop of food coloring in the toilet tank. If any color shows up in the bowl after 15 minutes, you have a leak. (Be sure to flush immediately after the experiment to avoid staining the tank.)
- Examine faucet gaskets and pipe fittings for any water on the outside of the pipe to check for surface leaks.
- The Regional Water Providers Consortium has a helpful video on detecting household leaks .
Leaks Still Flowing Overboard?
If you’ve already determined you have leaks and you find these step-by-step solutions aren’t enough to stop them, it might be time to replace your leaking fixtures. If you consult with a plumbing professional like No Worries Rooter of Gilbert and Chandler, who is a certified Green Plumber, we can help you with all of your burst pipe repair and leak repair needs. And remember to look for the WaterSense label when considering a new toilet, faucet, or showerhead, you could increase your home’s water efficiency. Call us today at 480-788-2564 for more information.
See a complete list of WaterSense labeled products.
Signs and Symptoms of a Gilbert water heater leak
For most people, the first sign of an issue with your water heater is a leak. Now this may be something as small as a puddle forming near the base of the water heater or something more visible like water spraying out of a valve or a crack in the tank. A leaking water heater may seem like nothing more than an inconvenience to some, but it can actually be quite damaging. In fact, any resulting water damage can ring to the tune of around ten thousand dollars if not more! So it’s definitely something to pay attention to. This is why water heater leaks are no joke and should be taken seriously.
- If you have cracks in walls or floors or a tilting chimney, you may be aware that these are signs of a problem foundation. But many people don’t realize that difficulty opening and closing doors and windows can also be early signs that your home is shifting. And whether you have a new home or an old one, foundation problems often require major repairs. Foundation problems can be caused by the type of soil the house is built on, an improperly laid foundation or drainage problems. Whatever the cause, a bad foundation is bad news and, depending on the severity of the problem, can cost quite a bit.
- Water damage caused by your home’s plumbing system is not only unhealthy but expensive too. Be it a burst pipe or leaky hot water heater and/or other appliance, the end result is the same. And it can cause a lot of damage, even though you may not notice it right away. After something like this it’s important to dry out your home. If you don’t, mold can thrive.
- If your home has experienced some type of burst pipe/leak, major or minor, this isn’t something you can ignore. Beyond the possibility of mold, long-term water damage can cause rot, which can lead to all kinds of expensive repairs to the structure of your home. It’s difficult to estimate the cost of this type of burst pipe repair, but it can easily run into the thousands depending on how much wood needs to be replaced and how intrusive the repairs are.
We offer all of our customers:
- Personalized Service
- Flat Rate, Up-Front Pricing
- Same Day Services
- 24/7 Emergency Services
- Fully Trained, Background-Checked Service experts
- Are a family owned and operated company.
- Are licensed, bonded and insured with the Arizona ROC #301621
- Have received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Are constantly looking to find new, innovative solutions that help our customers.
- Are always striving to be known as Arizona’s most trusted plumbing company.
- Maintain an informative blog to keep you up to date on everything to do with your plumbing system.
A sample of our Phoenix and Gilbert plumbing services include: